AltScale opeates its cloud infrastructure in two data centers in Bulgaria:
Specifications of Datacenters Sofia
Data center AltScale - Telepoint is class Tier 3 (N +1). Due to state of the art equipment data center can work independently without access to the national electricity grid.
- Class A main electrical feed
- 2 alternative Diesel Generators (750 kW each)
- 10 tons of UPS
- EMERSON professional electricity and air condition control
Technical centers are equipped and constantly updated with the latest models of routers and switches CISCO. Equipment is installed on 19-inch racks (RACK), fully secured and equipped with independent air condition, ventilation and power :
- Redundant fiber optic connections with diverse physical paths
- Diverse cable entries and Meet Me Rooms (MMRs)
- Independent and alternative telecom and fiber providers
- Additional security with lockable Racks and Cages
- Redundant support systems
- Completely independent (N+1) A and B UPS 220V AC power feeds
- Completely independent (N+1) A and B 48V DC with starting configuration of 600Amps for each
- A and B alternative Diesel Generators
- VESDA – Very Early Smoke Detection Apparatus
- FM200 – fire extinguishing agent
- Redundant (N+1) Air Conditioning System with hot-and-cold row configuration
- Individually accounted power consumption
- Leak Detection System
- Security with access control points and video monitoring
- Raised flooring
- 24x7x365 on-site MSC
- 24x7x365 customer access
- 24x7x365 Hands and Eyes Services
- 24x7x365 physical security
Connectivity of AltScale is provided by several suppliers , such as Neterra (Primary) and Telehouse (Secondary), and covers all major cities in Bulgaria and via its partners and operators reaches points in the entire world.
- Points-of-Presence in all major cities
- Neterra's national network has a ring topology, composed of two arches - north and south, the northern arc connecting Sofia and Varna via Ruse and the south - Sofia and Burgas via Svilengrad (Kapitan Andreeevo).
- The two arches are connected between Varna and Burgas and Rousse and Kapitan Andreeevo
- There are lots of smaller regional rings, where each node in the network is connected by independent routes to the northern and the southern arc.
Neterra network is part of the Bulgarian local peering and connectivity has Bulgarian Internet Exchange Point - BIX.BG. International and local channels are 100% guaranteed and double secured by full continuity optical handing-over.
Security and Fire Safety
All infrastructure and facilities of the data center are under constant video surveillance, constant exterior and interior security, motion sensors directly connected to the External Security System. The access to the premises is controlled by chip access cards. All rooms of the center are equipped with smoke detectors, air thermometers inside and outside the racks, system for air monitoring VESDA and FM-200 extinguishing agent .
Extinguishing systems with FM-200
FM- 200 has low extinguishing concentration of 7% by volume for Class A risks and high level of safety for personnel. This together with lack of toxicity makes FM- 200 one of the best extinguishing agents. FM- 200 is effective up to 10 sec. after the initial release and has some significant advantages compared to alternative agents. Rapid time to release means that the flame is quickly shut off. The amount of damage, the toxic effect and the decomposed products of combustion are minimized.
Advantages of fighting with FM-200
- Low concentration of FM-200 means more visibility and less risk to personnel.
- The small amount of released agent reduces the possibility of overpressure in the protected area.
- Maximum safety for employees due to its low toxicity.
- FM-200 is most effective when used with an automatic detection for rapid discharge.
- Ability to prevent re-ignition, while maintaining the concentration levels.
Power and air conditioning
Data center AltScale - Telepoint is class Tier 3 (N +1), which means that it can operate entirely without access from the national grid. Electrical power is provided by two independent electric power substations (A and B), which are covered in real time by (N +1) A and B UPS 220V AC power systems , which in turn are secured by two mutually overlapping A and B alternative diesel generators (TEKSAN). Powerhouse reserved EMERSON (N +1) air conditioning system provides constant temperature in the center of 20 ° C ± 2 , and humidity of 50 ± 10%.
All cabinets of AltScale have sensors to measure temperature and humidity. The location of the server capacity is allocated in each RACK using a pre-calculated scheme for better cooling, and the fastest release of hot flashes. Each cabinet is further reserved, receiving power from two parallel electrical circuit data center. Web based monitoring system allows remote real-time monitoring of temperature in each rack, and electric power use.
Powerful server base is made of high-performance machines (Supermicro SuperServer). AltScale using multicore processors i7, Xeon Quad, and CEPH, Hardware RAID 1 & 10 , SCSI, SAS, HDD RAID EDITION. AltScale relies of PERSY's professionals for warranty service on our servers.
Specification of the Datacenter Varna
Varna Data Center provides a secure environment to minimize the opportunities of exploiting vulnerabilities. A higher standard to ensure the integrity and functionality of computer systems are being observed. This is being achieved through the large amount of fiber and redundant power supply, including diesel generator and UPS systems. http://www.varnadatacenter.com